INSPIRATION FOR THIS POST
Happy Monday! I am in Brisvegas today – hoping to see some amazing interiors, ideas, stores and eat my old fav sushi from Queen St – mmm
TRANSLATION: TRY THIS AT HOME
- This is a full on styling idea and requires you to be happy with lots of products and visual stimulation around you!
- Even if you do not want to take up the whole wall I would recommend doing this mirror image of the books v prints in smaller narrow areas to give the illusion of an abundance of space! The trick is to go HIGH!
- Keep your shelves white and the colours sorted in some organised way- it need not be a colour coordinated book case but it does need to be sexy one so pick your styling.
- Lots of fresh light and a pendent fitting will balance out the space.
- If you do not have natural light think about the way you want the space to feel during the day- you will have to adopt warmth as anything between bright and airy or warm and cosy will simply feel cluttered and messy.
- DO put your table or furniture in the middle of the room
- DON’T get too tricky with colours in the space- spines and artwork will keep you buys for now 🙂
PS whilst I am on the topic of bookcases- you HAVE to have look at this – sent to me by my dear buddy Scott! Possibly the coolest bookcase on the planet- thanks Scott for being the bearer of all things inspirational! http://www.fubiz.net/2009/11/04/book-staircase/