INSPIRATION FOR THIS POST
Short on space? Big on books and frames?
TRANSLATION: TRY THIS AT HOME
- Going north is such an excellent styling idea that creates a sense of “spaciousness” and “cosiness” at the same time. By using the areas above the space you are occupying with furniture you free up floor space.
- Try this idea above a booth seat in a kitchen – a clever space for cookbooks, serving platters and glasses you may wish to display.
- Try this idea above a bed with built in under lights and clever sliding doors and nooks and crannies. Think you are designing a gorgeous caravan- where everything is in arms reach.
- What about trying this above a bath and using calming images, candles and folded towels- just because it is tiles doesn’t mean it needs to look borning.
- I love the 1990’s feel of the white cushions and sunflowers! I made a prediction to some friends of mine that sunflowers will make a comeback- am I too early to suggest??
- DON’T do this idea and leave the rest of the space too bare- if you need to fill other walls do them first and than you can go north.
- The shelves do not need to be a commitment or a large built in job- floating shelves will look perfect and can bought at your hardware store.
Whilst I am promoting images from Lonny I should remind you that the next issues is available from the Australian online magazine Adore it is great to see an Australian magazine embracing the online world. What is also great is the number of lovely local designers and bloggers advertising in the mag including Terrace Outdoor Living (be sure to check out their new pop up store while it lasts) Ada and Darcy and one of my favorites Black and Spiro (Anna Spiro has the most amazing eye!!) Okay- those links should take you up to morning tea break. Enjoy