INSPIRATION FOR THIS POST
Yesterday was cold cold cold in Sydney. Seriously this weather has to pick up because I am not sure how long I can allow myself a “treat” because it is cold.My office has erupted into a sea of cupcakes, mint slices, croissants, cinnamon toasts and cups of hot chocolate- all because ‘it’s cold’. Not a great idea for the waistline. If I was sitting somewhere like this and enjoying the moment in a twinset it would be worth it but mindless office munching must end- pronto.
I hope you enjoy some afternoon style treats over the weekend- I’m off of to the theater and otherwise enjoying a rare weekend at home so I will tell you about that Monday xxx
TRANSLATION: TRY THIS AT HOME
- I know I know, I have a thing for booths- but this one was so cute I couldn’t resist
- Who could ignore something that is such a great use of space- one could have a put an armchair and a side table or an afternoon tea spot for five.
- This is the perfect solution for mini sized homes these days- where do you create a sense of drama if you don’t have the luxury of a formal living space??? Here!
- I think that this space would get used about 10% of the time for more than one person, 30% for a solo reader and tea sipper BUT it will look incredible and set the scene for the whole room 100% of the time. Worth it
- I love the use of contrasting fabric on the chairs and the bold stripes on the upholstery. The colour and pattern combinations are endless so don’t be boring. Mix dainty with bold, stripes with florals, brights with neutrals.
- This is one place I would not advocate cushions- keep it clean.
- Are the tables too small for trays of scones? Maybe. If you are keen to expand the table top surface area look for a glass top table with similar finishes or even a modern perspex looking table would blend well.
- PS please don’t ignore the perfect drapery in this shot- I may be an advocate for booths but I am about to get really big on window dressing- curtains are like a Hermes belt- expensive, not really necessary for their intended function BUT incredibly beautiful and important and creating a space that screams money and a designer eye.