INSPIRATION FOR THIS POST
It seems I am always obsessed with ways to store and display books. So far, no one has told me this is a bad thing so I will take your silence as “yes please, more ideas for books!”
Gotta love a storage, space saving, stylish idea that makes you look sexy.
Insert- one shelf over one door.
TRANSLATION: TRY THIS AT HOME
- Of course living areas and home office lend themselves to this idea perfectly but have you thought about the kitchen? Just make sure you have a cute stool for reaching the books.
- Be aware of what this idea will do to your space- it will create a more closed in effect (not a bad thing) and can give the impression of lowering the roof line (sometimes a bad thing).
- Look for colours of the shelf that work with the room (bright yellow shelf, bright yellow cushions) and remember the spines on display need to be pretty and tidy.
- DON’T worry about ceiling height- both high and low will work.
- DO think about extending this over a the door all the way to the wall to keep it clean.
- Finally, if you have the foresight when installing add some lights under the shelf for a dreamy wall scalloping effect. LOVE!