October 9, 2010
Hello everyone- I hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend. If you are looking for more inspiration check this out…..
UPDATES – I have updated some of the most popular posts with new images so if you loved #19 Long Skinny Table or #25 Mini Settee click out these links for updated images.
I am starting to get a catalogue of images that you can refer to for all of these “Styling ideas” and I won’t be leaving them stagnate!
If you like a post, let me know so I can update the popular ones.
See you Monday x
September 14, 2010
INSPIRATION FOR THIS POST
If you will allow me to pop back into my bedroom for a momento – I want a bedroom chair. BUT bedroom chairs seem so passe – if I had the space I would be investing in a mini sofa or the settee! That leads me to this post and I am making an announcement- I think the SETTEE is the best thing to buy right now. Wow- did I really just say that? That is a pretty big call, however I cannot imagine a room that wouldn’t benefit from such an excellent piece of furniture. I want several and you will too after seeing these.
Found on The Design Files- Megan Park Store
TRANSLATION: TRY THIS AT HOME
- Breaking this styling idea down is like describing how a puppy looks cute- they just do! Small things are always better looking and sofa’s are no exception.
- These can be pretty, rustic, minimal, retro, classic, traditional whatever you fancy!
- Think about different walls that these can sit on- they hold their own so empty walls can filled with joy and settee’s. Hallways, entrances, mezzanine levels, dining rooms, kitchens, bathrooms- I don’t think I need to go on.
- Invest in mirrors, pendents and side tables and you have this styling idea nailed.
- Think about the upholstery- each upholstery type will speak volumes about your space. As this is not the main lounge you could go a bit crazy with upholstery prints or keep it classic with velvet or linen.
- I would love to see two mismatch fabric settees either side of a breakfast table- lovely.
- Do you need a cushion on your settee? Well, not necessarily- I am a big fan of these looking undressed so if you cannot find the perfect cushion make up for it with an amazing piece of art over it and keep it bare.